UPDATE: THE STATIC FBML APPLICATION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE FOR FACEBOOK. CONTACT US FOR A CUSTOM FACEBOOK PAGE!
Do you want to learn how to spruce up your Facebook Page?
It's easier than you think! (look for the free template below)
By using the application Static FBML, you can add new customized "application tabs" to your page. All it takes is some basic knowledge of CSS/HTML and a little bit of patience. Optionally you can use FBML (Facebook Markup Language), if you're into that. ;)
Some things you should know about Static FBML tabs:
- * The max width for FBML pages is 520 pixels
- * Static FBML only works on Business Pages, or Public Profiles, not personal profiles.
- * There are thousands of possibilities for your FBML tab, so experiment a little and make sure you share your results with us! We'd love to see what you come up with!
Ready to customize your Facebook Page with Static FBML?
Okay, follow these steps:
1. Log in to your Facebook account.
2. Click "Ads and Pages" (see image A) in the column to your left. You might have to click on "See More" (see image B) to see this link.
3. Click on "Edit Page".
4. You will see a list of applications. If you don't see "Static FBML" then scroll down to "More Applications" and click "Browse More".
5. Search for the "Static FBML" app.
6. Click on "Static FBML" to go to the Static FBML app.
7. Once you're on the "Static FBML" application page, click "Add to my Page" in the left column and add it to your page.
8. Now that you've installed "Static FBML" application, it's time to add some code to make it as awesome as you are! You'll need to go back to your page either by following steps 1 to 3 above, or by searching for your page as you would normally search for anyone (see image C), selecting the page, and then clicking "Edit Page" under your logo/photo in the left column.
9. Under "Applications" scroll down until you see "FBML".
Click "Edit" (see image D), enter the name you want displayed on your tab under "Box Title" and enter your CSS, HTML, or FBML code in the "FBML" text box. Once you're done click "Save Changes".
10. You are now ready to add your new custom tab to your page!
To do this you'll need to go back to "Edit Page" (go back to step 8 if you don't remember how). Under the FBML application (it will be called whatever name you entered into the Box Title field) click "Application Settings" (see image D above for reference).You will get the box below (see image E).
If you see "Tab: Available (add)" click on "add".
If you see "Tab: Added (remove)" you are set to go, your tab is already on your page. CONGRATS!!
And as promised, here is the link where you can download a free "starter template" for your new custom Facebook page tab. Just open the file and replace the code in ALL CAPS with your own links (URLs), images and videos and post it into the "FBML" text box mentioned in step 9 above.
There are 6 different background color options, click (or right-click and save), the color of your choice to download the file:
To see what it could look like, visit our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/bemosu and click the "Free Template" tab.
To use YouTube videos in this template, you'll need to use the following URL:
(Replace "xxxxxxxxxx" with the YouTube video ID, which is the string of characters after the "v=" in the URL in your browser's address bar (up to the "&" or anything following it)